Q: (18586)

Madam or sir.

I’ve got a seriously corroded power meter box socket post similar to shown.   It’s causing intermittent contact throughout the house.

1. Can I spray D5 on it without cutting the power to improve contact safely until the electrician can get here (3-4 days)?
2. Which version would you suggest?  I’m thinking nonflammable – sensitive to overspray version
3. Can I buy DeoxIT locally at a retail store in Greenville, SC?

Any help you could provide ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Chris P.

Marked as spam
Posted by Dr-DeoxIT® (Questions: 68, Answers: 81)
Asked on May 1, 2020 5:09 pm
Private answer


Morning Chris,

Yes, the product of choice would be the DeoxIT® DN5S-6N (DN5S-2N). It is our non-flammable spray products.

As to availability, I would check our site for closest retailer or Amazon can sometimes have a local DC and get you product the next day.

Good luck.
Dr. DeoxIT®

Link: https://caig.com/working-disti-section/

Marked as spam
Posted by Dr-DeoxIT® (Questions: 68, Answers: 81)
Answered on May 1, 2020 5:10 pm